Addiction Treatment in Yakima
Statistics and Facts about Addiction in Yakima, Washington:
- According to the Yakima County Coroner’s Office, in 2018 there were 66 confirmed drug overdose deaths in Yakima County, a 12% increase from the previous year.
- The majority of drug overdose deaths in Yakima County involve opioids, with heroin being the most commonly found drug in overdose cases.
- In a 2016 study, Yakima ranked highest out of all counties in Washington state for prescription opioid-related deaths.
- Methamphetamine use is also a major issue in Yakima, with the drug being a factor in nearly 4 out of 5 drug-related deaths in the county.
- According to the Washington State Department of Health, between 2015-2019, Yakima County had the highest rate of drug overdose deaths compared to all other counties in the state.
- In Washington state, substance abuse treatment admissions for methamphetamine addiction have nearly quadrupled since 2010, with Yakima having the highest rate of admissions for methamphetamine treatment.
Addiction Treatment Options in Yakima, Washington:
There are several addiction treatment options available for those struggling with substance abuse in Yakima, including:
1. Inpatient Treatment: Inpatient treatment, also known as residential treatment, provides a structured, 24/7 environment for individuals to focus on their recovery. This type of treatment allows individuals to remove themselves from their everyday lives and triggers and fully immerse themselves in the recovery process.
2. Outpatient Treatment: Outpatient treatment allows individuals to receive treatment while living at home and attending work or school. Outpatient treatment may be a good fit for those with less severe addictions and a supportive home environment.
3. Medication-Assisted Treatment: Medication-assisted treatment (MAT) combines medication with behavioral therapy to treat addiction. Medications such as buprenorphine, methadone, and naltrexone are used to manage withdrawal symptoms and cravings and allow individuals to focus on their recovery.
4. Therapy and Counseling: Individual and group therapy can be an essential component of addiction treatment. Therapy can help individuals address underlying issues that may have contributed to their addiction and develop coping skills to prevent relapse.
Positive Reassurance about Addiction Treatment:
Addiction is a complex disease, but it is treatable. In Yakima, there are many resources and support systems available to help individuals struggling with addiction. While the statistics and facts about addiction in Yakima may seem daunting, it is important to remember that there is hope for recovery.
Addiction treatment in Yakima focuses on individualized care and addressing the specific needs and challenges of each individual. With the right treatment and support, individuals can overcome addiction and lead fulfilling lives in recovery. It is never too late to seek help and begin the journey towards recovery.